We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page. We may earn a small commission from the links to these Best at-home covid-19 test kits.
Would you be able to tell if you had COVID-19? What about easy at-home Covid-19 test kits? What if you were asymptomatic? We should be wondering this the dawn of the zombie apocalypse “World War Z” warned us about?
Yes, it is good news is that the zombie apocalypse isn’t happening any time soon to us. Healthcare workers are trying to test and also vaccinate most of the population from the virus worldwide with the help of these at-home Covid-19 test kits.
In this article, I’ll be reviewing seven popular at-home Covid-19 test kits, so you can purchase the best one for you.
Where can I get The Best at-home COVID-19 test kits? Is testing for COVID-19 at home possible?
Yes, you can test for coronavirus in the comfort of your home for a good reason with Covid-19 home test kits. Leaving the house to get testing all the time is counterproductive.
That’s where the genius of an at-home Covid-19 test kit comes into play.
These are specially designed test kits that are portable and can be purchased over the counter, online, or prescribed by a doctor.
Using the Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method (or another genetic boosting method) to see if it contains the virus’ genetic material from your sample collected. The antigen test also known as COVID rapid test can detect specific proteins on the virus surface
While vaccination campaigns are ongoing, new variants of the disease have introduced a shocking number of new cases. Hence, coronavirus testing is still a major part of keeping the virus from spreading uncontrollably. You can perform these COVID self-tests from home, or anywhere you happen to be.
We can test for coronavirus in three different ways:
- Molecular tests require the collection of genetic materials through nasal swabs or saliva. Your sample is then processed using the Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method to see if it contains the virus’ genetic material.
- Antigen tests, also called rapid COVID tests, are designed to detect specific proteins on the virus’s surface. It also produces results faster than other tests.
- Antibody tests often indicate whether a person has had COVID-19 in the past.
Quick look At the Best At Home COVID test kits that money can buy.
- Amazon COVID-19 Test Collection Kit – easy to use and suitable for anyone 18 years of age and older.
- EverlyWell COVID-19 – an excellent choice for a reliable self-collection kit.
- Ellume – meant for anyone who is above 2 years old
- LetsGetChecked – is easy to use and is suitable for children aged 2 and above
- Phosphorous – first saliva-based COVID tests approved by the FDA as an emergency home collection kit
- BinaxNow – able to detect active COVID-19 infection using a minimally invasive nasal swab sample collection technique
- Vitagene – perfect for anyone who may have been exposed to the virus
The FDA has given the Amazon COVID-19 kit full authorization, its purpose is to collect your nasal sample without prescription. An amazon laboratory handles your sample to detect if you have SARS-COV-2.
The gold standard of testing of Covid-19 is PCR testing. As a result, testing is easy to complete. And you will likely get your results quickly.
- The FDA has given this at-home test full authorization and uses the most genetic detection methods (reverse transcription PCR) to detect the virus. The results are available within twenty-four hours of samples arriving at the laboratory.
The Amazon COVID-19 Test Collection Kit is available for $39.99 with free shipping to your location.
This at-home COVID test kit is easy to use and suitable for anyone eighteen and older. Although it is not a rapid COVID-19 test, the process is reliable and affordable.
The FDA has also given the EveryWell at-home COVID test kit full authorization for coronavirus testing option. Trusted by over one million people, this test makes collecting your samples easy, and then you securely ship them to a specified laboratory for testing.
Your results are ready between twenty-four and forty-eight hours and sent to you digitally with a set of guidelines to help you through the following steps. It’s that easy!
- The EverlyWell COVID-19 kit requires a non-invasive lower nasal swab, making the sample collection process much more comfortable. The RTPCR is the one that processes the samples, and it gives an easy understanding and personalized feedback while you’re on the go.
The EverlyWell kit costs $109 with no additional fees, and you can easily purchase it from the EverlyWell official website.
If you’re eighteen years or older and looking to carry out an at-home COVID test, EverlyWell is an excellent choice for a reliable self-collection kit.
If you’re not a huge fan of shipping your samples to a laboratory, the Ellume at-home COVID test kit is for you. It’s an FDA-authorized rapid antigen test kit that allows you to collect and test your sample from the comfort of your home.
Ellume’s kit tests for coronavirus nucleocapsid antigens in nasal secretions. The best part is that you receive digital results in about fifteen minutes.
- Ellume’s COVID-19 test is unique because it provides detailed instructions for running the test yourself at home. You’ll receive the digital results directly to your smartphone in fifteen minutes.
The Ellume COVID-19 at-home test kits is available on their official website for $45.
Persons who are two years and older, The Ellume test is for you. While children between the ages of two and fifteen may require adult-assisted collection, those sixteen and older can collect samples themselves.
The LetsGetChecked coronavirus testing kit is a convenient and gentle way to test for COVID-19 from the comfort of your home. All it takes is the careful collection of a lower nasal swab.
The at-home COVID test kit comes with a return shipping label, allowing you to easily send your sample back to their high complexity certified laboratory for analysis (CLIA). Using the RT-PCR/TMA technique, the results will be secure and authentic when sent to your online account. Between twenty-four and seventy-two hours after the samples have arrived, the results will be ready.
- LetsGetChecked’s at-home COVID test kit is easy to use and more convenient. Other than the invasive and uncomfortable techniques used to collect samples at the hospital.
- After sample collection and shipping, you will receive notifications by both SMS and email, keeping you informed throughout the entire process.
At $89, this at-home COVID test is affordable and available for purchase from their official website.
LetsGetChecked’s test kit is easy to use and is suitable for children ages two and above. The self-collection instructions are easy to follow; testing should feel no different from using a cotton swab to clean the inside of your nose. Sounds pretty cool, right?
Phosphorous is an FDA-authorized COVID test kit requiring saliva samples for PCR testing. The Phosphorus laboratory test detects the active SARS-CoV-2 virus in the samples of people who have contracted the virus.
Users collect their saliva as directed and then ship the samples to the Phosphorous laboratory in Secaucus, NJ, for testing.
Results are ready within two to three days of your sample reaching the lab, and they’re highly accurate with a sensitivity of 97.1% and a specificity of 98.2%
- One of the first saliva-based COVID test kits authorized by the FDA was the phrosphorous test kit. In addition to a quick and comfortable At-home testing is the saliva collection method.
Purchasing the Phosphorous kit may cost as little as $49 with insurance, or $119 without coverage.
The Phosphorus at home COVID test is convenient, the best at-home COVID-19 test kits for anyone who isn’t comfortable with nasal swab sample collection and is safe for people of all ages.
The BinaxNOW COVID‐19 Antigen Self Test is an at-home COVID test kit authorized by the FDA for emergency use.
The kit comes with two dropper bottles, two nasal swabs, and two sealed test cards. Using a simple nasal swab technique, you can quickly collect your own samples.
Best of all, you don’t have to ship your results anywhere; you get them in just fifteen minutes so that you can test yourself anywhere or anytime with the Covid-19 home test kits.
- BinaxNow detects an active COVID-19 infection using a minimally invasive nasal swab sample collection technique.
- All you need to do is perform the test twice within three days (with at least thirty-six hours between tests).
BinaxNow kit is available for $19.88 and can be purchased directly from Walmart.
For this at home test is great for children who are two years and up, and it should also be administered by an adult.
Vitagene is the first at-home spit COVID test authorized by the FDA and can be used to identify SARS-COV-2.
This test identifies the virus’s unique genetic material, excluding antibodies, meaning it can only determine if you had the virus when the sample was taken, not if you’ve had it before.
After purchasing the at-home COVID test kit, register it on Vitagene’s website and carefully follow sample collection instructions. Results from the test will be delivered to you within seventy-two hours of the Vitagene lab receiving your sample.
- Vitagene uses a non-invasive sample collection method that is more comfortable and convenient for children and people of all ages, making it an attractive coronavirus testing kit.
The Vitagene at-home COVID test kit is available for $89, and you can purchase it directly from the company’s website.
Vitagene is perfect for anyone who fears they may have been recently exposed to the virus and makes testing extremely convenient.
Are At-Home Covid-19 Test Kits Authorized By The FDA?
At-home COVID test kits bring one question to mind: does the FDA authorize them as safe and accurate methods of detecting the virus?
Yes, the FDA has authorized each of these tests for public use during the COVID-19 pandemic to help make testing more accessible. These tests meet the standards for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), meaning they have not completed the standard FDA approval process.
Firstly, health workers are working tirelessly to keep COVID-19 from spreading fast. Health workers are working tirelessly to keep COVID-19 from spreading fast.
Secondly, you will be assisting them by also by getting tested by using the recommended coronavirus testing kits and also taking action. Finally, you are also expected to be self-isolating even if your results are positive, so get vaccinated if your results are negative, and of course, always wear your mask. These at-home Covid-19 test kits are a great way of easy testing at home for you.
Please visit amazon.com to check out some of these products for purchase.