Affiliate disclaimer: Our recommendations include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission.
How many times have you needed to get a routine test done? Maybe it’s as part of your regular health maintenance or another reason, but finding the time to call off work and sit in a crowded office or lab has you putting the test off for days, maybe even weeks.
As you can imagine, this isn’t the recommended course of action. Timely health tests can actually save your life, especially when it comes to vital organs, such as your heart. Furthermore, heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. This is why we have at-home lab tests that can be used to give you accurate heart health results from the comfort of your home.
In this article, we will focus on the best at-home heart health test kits on the market, and save you a trip to the doctor or lab.
Can I Do an At-Home Heart Health Test?
The simple answer to that is YES! There are many at-home heart health test kits that you can use to monitor your heart health. You can conduct an effective heart test from the comfort of your home by measuring the levels of certain compounds to determine if you are at risk for certain heart conditions.
There are numerous brands, some of which are well-established in the pharmaceutical industry, that have made it their duty to design and develop at-home test kits for people to take a comprehensive look at their heart health at home.
Some of the best at-home heart health test kits include;
- EverlyWell – provides a comprehensive look at heart health and aids with preventing heart disease. It measures total cholesterol, HDL, Calculated LDL, Triglycerides, hs-CRP, and HbA1c using a finger prick sample collection
- My LabBox – is suitable for both men and women and uses a blood sample collected using the finger prick method. This test kit from myLAB Box determines your cholesterol levels so actions may be taken to prevent heart disease
- Let’s Get Checked– checks your cholesterol levels and helps identify or monitor diabetes. This company also provides treatment for high cholesterol, which is currently available on their Cholesterol CarePathway
- ImAware – monitors your cardiovascular health by focusing on a broad range of heart-healthy indicators such as cholesterol, glucose, and inflammation
- Thorne – measures eight biomarkers related to cardiovascular health and not only provides you with your results but also with meaningful insights and a personalized health plan
Within this article, we will provide you with additional details regarding each of the test kits above, including their purpose, pricing, benefits, and more.
Home heart health tests are ideal for checking your cholesterol level, blood pressure, heart rate, and other related indicators. These tests provide you with detailed information regarding your heart health, enabling you to adopt practices that can help you reduce your risk of heart disease.
The American Heart Association has outlined several ways that one can prevent and manage heart disease, one of which is regular heart tests. Some of the most common methods of testing your heart health include:
- Blood tests
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise stress test
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound)
- Nuclear cardiac stress test
- Coronary angiogram
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Coronary computed tomography angiogram (CCTA)
The most commonly used method for at-home heart testing is blood test sample collection.
This at-home test provides a comprehensive look at heart health and aids with preventing heart disease. It measures your total cholesterol, HDL, Calculated LDL, Triglycerides, hs-CRP, and HbA1c using a finger prick sample collection. Not only does this panel measure your cholesterol and lipids, but it also includes other essential biomarkers for evaluating heart disease and your risk for diabetes.
Along with this test kit, EverlyWell provides educational content that will help you to take steps to optimize your cholesterol, lipid, A1C, and hs-CRP levels, potentially reducing your risk for these conditions.
- Uses a simple finger prick sample collection
- Offers two purchasing options
- You get results you can understand sent to your device
- You get a personalized report of each health marker
- You can attend a live webinar led by a healthcare professional to learn more about your results and get your questions answered
- You are provided with a unique ID number to register on their secure platform
- You get a prepaid shipping label
- The company will provide your results in days
- They work with CLIA-certified labs
The EverlyWell heart health test comes with two purchasing options: a one-time purchase for $99 and a subscription for the semi-annual planfor $84, which saves you $15 per test. Additionally, you can change the subscription frequency to match your needs. Options include:
- Monthly Subscription: $74
- Quarterly Subscription: $79
If cost is your concern, EverlyWell takes HSA and FSA payments so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.
This at-home heart test is for anyone who desires an in-depth look at their heart health and preventative measures against heart disease, especially those experiencing symptoms. The flexibility of subscription plans coupled with free shipping makes EvelylWell a great choice for users who need to conduct tests regularly.
The My LabBox heart health test determines your cholesterol levels so you can take preventative measures against heart disease. The kit uses blood samples collected via the finger-prick method and is suitable for both men and women. You will be able to measure your CHOL, TG, HDL, LDL, hsCRP, and HbA1c levels. Additionally, the My LabBox heart health test does not require fasting or a restricted diet before sample collection.
- You will receive a mail-in kit for home use with free two-day shipping and a pre-addressed return envelope
- This testis 100 percent pain free and only takes five minutes to complete
- Results will be ready for you in two-five days
- My LabBox works with CAP certified and CLIA certified testing facilities
- Available online or at retailers like Walmart and Amazon
- CDC listed and FDA approved
The My LabBox heart health test is available for $99. Save big by joining their mailing list, today.
The My LabBox heart health test is suitable for those persons looking to do a quick and easy check once or twice a year, especially those experiencing any symptoms. Remember, signing up can earn you some major savings.
Lets Get Checked developed an easy at-home test to check your cholesterol levels and help identify or monitor diabetes. This company also provides treatment for high cholesterol, which is currently available on their Cholesterol CarePathway. This test measures cholesterol, HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein), LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein), HDL percentage of total cholesterol, percentage of hemoglobin A1c, and total triglycerides, all with a simple finger prick sample collection.
- Easy sample collection
- Secure results in two-five days with free, tracked delivery
- Brand uses same labs to analyze samples as physicians and hospitals
- Provide medication for High LDL Cholesterol
- Accepts FSA & HSA card payments
- Your sample will be sent to their network of CLIA-certified and ISO-accredited labs for full analysis by a team of clinical scientists
- You get access to a LetsGetChecked clinician
- If your cholesterol results are abnormal, a nurse will be provided for additional support and next steps for your recovery plan
You can order this at-home diabetes and heart test for $89, and it ships free. Additionally, FSA & HSA cards are accepted as a form of payment. This test kit comes with a brand new Phlebotic Assistant, which is an easy-to-use device that can simplify sample collection by providing gentle vibration to help increase blood flow.
The LetsGetChecked’s at-home heart health test is ideal for people who need to regularly monitor their cholesterol levels. It is particularly helpful to those experiencing any symptoms, including heart palpitations.
This at-home test kit monitors your cardiovascular health by focusing on a broad range of cardiovascular biomarkers, including hs-CRP, Total Cholesterol, Glucose, Triglycerides, LDL-C, HDL-C, HbA1.
- FSA or HSA cards are an accepted form of payment
- Your results will be easy to understand, and in your hands within seven business days
- Shipping is free
- Sample method is a simple finger prick
This at-home heart health test kit is available for $79 and comes with free shipping. You can also use your FSA or HSA card to make payments.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, then this at-home heart health test is ideal for you, including, but not limited to peart palpitations, feeling faint or fainting (syncope), weight gain, leg pain, and fatigue. However, you must be 18 or older to access this test kit.
This at-home blood test measures eight biomarkers related to cardiovascular health and provides you with results that include meaningful insights and a personalized health plan. To use this test, you must be at least eighteen years of age and residing within the United States.
- You will receive an at-home collection kit
- The company provides clear insights for your test results along with a personalized plan
- The company offers a subscription plan with a lower price per test
- This test measures numerous biomarkers and key indicators
The Thorne heart health test is available for $195. There is also a subscription offer, allowing you to save up to 20 percent.
This at-home heart health test kit is great for those with the following conditions, habits, or characteristics: physical inactivity, overweight, symptoms of heart issues, high fat or carbohydrate diet, high-calorie diet, smokers or e-cigarette users, pre-diabetics, diabetics, a family history of heart disease or diabetes, high cholesterol, triglycerides, or a family history of high cholesterol or triglycerides.
Are At-Home Heart Health Test Kits Accurate?
Yes. The majority of at-home heart health test kits on the market are just as accurate as traditional lab tests. These companies’ tests have been validated in clinical trials and their methods and data have been peer-reviewed by the scientific and medical communities, respectively. Each of these brands have met strict testing requirements and standards for state and federal approval and each uses a certified laboratory to analyze tests.
To ensure accurate results, finger-prick blood samples must be collected properly. This limits the risk of contamination, false positives, false negatives, and other errors.
This article covers the basics of at-home heart tests and looks at five of the most reliable brands on the market. As the lead cause of death in the United States, heart disease should be taken seriously. The introduction of affordable, accurate, and convenient regular testing in the form of at-home test kits is a great step in staying healthy.