In this article, we will highlight some of The Best Companies for At-Home Lab Tests. We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission.
Have you been feeling under the weather? Are you exhibiting unusual symptoms like fatigue, muscle aches, or congestion, but you’re not sure if you need to see your doctor yet? Thanks to at-home lab tests, you can get answers about your health right away.
Completed within the privacy of your own home, at-home lab tests help you identify if you are afflicted with a virus like COVID-19 or an STD, chronic illnesses like colon cancer or thyroid disease, or a vitamin deficiency or allergy.
Many FDA-approved companies offer at-home health test kits for a range of medical issues. However, choosing the right provider is vital to obtaining the answers you need concerning your health. You need a health lab kit provider that offers highly-accurate testing and fast results.
To save you time searching for a quality at-home health testing provider, here are the highest-rated companies we recommend you consider.
What are At-Home Lab Tests?
Most home lab test kits are designed to make regular testing hassle-free and affordable while limiting your need to visit a doctor, specialist, or laboratory.
At-home test kits also facilitate privacy for sensitive conditions, such as colorectal cancer screenings, STDs or fertility testing. They give you the freedom to test yourself whenever you need to, with no co-pay and no waiting for an in-person appointment.
Quick look At the Best At Home COVID test kits that money can buy.
- Amazon – can qualify for free shipping
- My Lab Box – can be completed in less than 5 minutes
- LetsGetChecked – offers over thirty varieties of at-home test kits
- EverlyWell – makes sample collection simple
- Lab.Me – focuses on blood testing
- Imaware – results are physician-reviewed for accuracy
- Verisana – a health club for interested members
- Cerascreen –free shipping on all orders
- Thorne – 10 and 20 percent discounts on two and three product subscriptions respectively
Amazon, founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, was created in a garage. Since then, it has grown into one of the largest and most recognizable e-tailers in the world. The range of products it supplies is genuinely incomparable, spanning from movies and books to at-home testing kits, pharmaceuticals, or even household appliances.
- Many customers qualify for free shipping.
- Compare prices and brands, to guarantee the best value for your purchase.
- Read reviews and leave your own on products you’ve bought, request hassle-free refunds, and get free returns.
- Efficient shopping and delivery services, including Amazon Prime, Amazon Delivery Day, and more.
- Earn rewards for shopping, like coupons and credits.
- Use Amazon Flow, a mobile app feature allowing you to purchase items by taking a picture of them.
Prices on Amazon.com vary by brand and seller. You can sort products in order of price. Typically, more established brands will cost more than lesser-known competitors. Prices may also depend on the quality of the product.
Amazon’s at-home lab tests are convenient for everyone, especially those with busy schedules. Best of all, new customers qualify for an Amazon Prime free trial filled with membership benefits.
MyLAB Box was developed by a group of California entrepreneurs looking to redefine our relationship with sexual health and medical standards. The founders wanted to take the hassle out of doing STI or STD tests by delivering an at-home test kit to your door, providing reliability, convenience, and privacy. Since then, MyLAB Box has also expanded into family planning and wellness tests.
- Each test has simple instructions and can be completed in under five minutes
- If your STI or STD test is positive, MyLAB Box can provide you with FREE physician consultations from the comfort of your home
- If you need to test regularly, MyLAB Box will send you a reminder when it’s time to re-test, so you never have to worry or keep track
- Purchases are easily completed online and shipped to your door
- Test kits are shipped to and from the lab for free
While there is no industry-wide standard for at-home testing, kits targeting similar conditions are likely to be comparably priced. MyLAB Box’s prices range from $49 to $399.
At-home lab tests from MyLAB Box are ideal for those valuing privacy, regularity, and convenience. Check to see if you qualify for free overnight shipping.
LetsGetChecked is a science-guided, technology-empowered company that is passionate about caring for people. Based in the U.S. and Ireland, its purpose is to empower people to live longer and lead happier lives. Lets Get Checked strives to deliver a seamless testing experience, providing kits for sexual health, coronavirus, wellness, men’s health, and women’s health.
- Lets Get Checked provides over thirty various at-home tests kits
- Physician reviewed results between two-five days, with free shipping
- Should you require treatment, a team of nurses will be available 24/7
- Get timely treatment through the company’s e-pharmacy system
- Track your lab and health information with your own secure account
Prices start at $69 and can exceed $100, depending on the complexity of the test.
LetsGetChecked is a convenient and affordable for everyday people looking to better manage their health and prevent severe medical conditions.
EverlyWell sells at-home wellness lab tests for monitory, informational, and educational use. This company supports health plans and employers by meeting people where they are. EverlyWell offers over thirty home test kits.
- Collecting samples is straightforward.
- EverlyWell offers free shipping.
- A physician reviews each result and gives insights, sent to your device in a matter of days
- Many test kits can be purchased with Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts
- Customers receive accurate results from a top-tier laboratory
EverlyWell offers monthly subscriptions as well as one-time purchases. Prices start at $49 and vary by test complexity.
EverlyWell is best-suited for those who want to use their health coverage benefits to pay for at-home testing. Everlywell’s tests are made for you and your wallet.
Lab.Me believes there is a better way to understand blood tests. Their approach focuses on harnessing test data through artificial intelligence and machine learning. Lab.Me is on a mission to improve healthcare research and development through predictive, preventative testing. Their medical team comprises of doctors, nurses, nutritionists, and scientists who are experts in their respective fields, from endocrinology to sports medicine.
- Lab.Me automatically creates a prescription for you, so you never need to visit the doctor’s office
- Lab.Me offers subscriptions or one-time purchases to suit your needs
- Collecting samples is easy, requiring only a finger prick or saliva swab
- Lab.Me maintains your confidentiality and uses the same CLIA certified labs as your doctor to test your blood.
- Your results are always reviewed for accuracy
- Lab.Me gives personalized reports, test recommendations, and evidence-backed advice on how you can make positive lifestyle changes
Lab.Me offers subscription pricing or one-time purchases, so you can choose a flexible plan that works around your testing needs. Prices per purchase may vary.
Lab. Me’s at-home lab tests are ideal for people looking to thoroughly monitor their general health. Don’t forget to check out their subscription options if you require regular testing.
Imaware provides at-home blood tests for analyzing your physical wellbeing from home. Founded in 2017, Imaware seeks to modernize lab testing and empower people to live longer, happier lives through their personalized, diagnostic approach. Imaware caters to immunology, allergies, women’s health, and more.
- Physician-reviewed results that are accessible, easy to read, and shipped for free
- Imaware uses a three-step testing process to provide peace of mind and eliminate the need for an in-person appointment with a doctor or independent physician.
- Place orders online, from anywhere.
- Imaware uses industry-grade encryption to protect your privacy and security.
Imaware test kits range from $69 to $299. Prices vary by test complexity.
Imaware’s at-home lab tests have a comparably short turnaround time and are therefore suitable for those with chronic conditions requiring regular maintenance. Save money with free shipping.
Verisana has a wide range of at-home, lab self-testing kits, including gut health, STD, and male or female hormone level testing kits. Follow the kit’s instructions carefully to ensure accurate results.
- Reliable lab diagnosis based on your results
- Testing process is simple and expedient
- Consult independent physicians for any questions regarding your health
- Join their health club for increased convenience.
The pricing of most Verisana test kits ranges between $69 to $259.95. However, for some, you will pay up to $500.
Verisana is one of the best home lab testing solutions on the market, offering a wider variety of tests with outstanding diagnostic accuracy
Cerascreen offers a diverse selection of home lab testing solutions, including allergy and intolerance, vitamins, sexual health, nutrients and minerals, and hormones.
Just follow the simple, four-step process. Collect your sample for analysis and evaluation, send it to the lab, and receive detailed results on your condition and health status. Cerascreen offers support throughout the process, even after you receive your results.
- Multipage illustration booklet for sample collection and test procedures
- Return envelope and biohazard bag to ship your sample to the lab for free
- Activation card and unique ID, so you can check the results on their website
- Dedicated customer support
- Free shipping on all orders
Their home test kits will cost you anything between $49 and $289. Price variation is determined by the type of the home test kit and the disease you want to diagnose.
Sign up for Cerascreen’s newsletter to access the best discounts, sales, health information, and individualized recommendations.
Thorne is a personalized, scientific wellness company that helps you explore different health solutions in the comfort of your home. They aim to create a happy, healthier and longer life span with each product.
Thorne truly integrates clinical research, health tests, and health intelligence. Some of their best-selling home test solutions include gut health, sleep, stress and weight management.
- Free shipping for all orders above $99
- Subscribe to one to two products for a 10% discount, or three products for a 20% discount
- Access to a variety of health supplements
- Test results with tailored recommendations from independent physicians
- Personalized plans with meaningful insights.
The prices for Thorne at-home tests range between $95 and $311.
Thorne is accredited and certified by several international health regulatory bodies. All of their products meet these standards and are safe for human use.
Are At-Home Lab Tests Accurate?
Yes, at-home lab tests are accurate. Developers of home test kits, no matter which subject they test, are governed by various regulatory bodies. For example, in the United States, it is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); in the United Kingdom, the In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Regulation (IVDR); in Australia, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). These authorities help to guide and approve most over-the-counter test kits so they can be safely and reliably used by consumers.
Before You Go...
At-home health tests are an effective way to understand what is causing your symptoms without the hassle and expense of visiting your doctor. All of these at-home lab test providers offer accurate testing, fast delivery, and results that empower you to take charge of your health.
Home health testing has advanced significantly in recent years. There are now more health tests available than ever before. Before selecting which tests you will take to diagnose your symptoms, you must know all the types of tests available.